Father Adam John Hasey, 86, of Oakes, ND, passed away June 5, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Society, Oakes, ND.
He was born August 10, 1925 to John and Frances (Macewicz) Hasey at Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He was baptized at Sts. Cyril and Methodius Church in Milwaukee. He attended schools at St. Alphonsus in Langdon, North Dakota, St. John’s Prep School in Collegville, Minnesota, and St. John’s Seminary. Father Hasey was ordained on May 27, 1950 at St. Alphonsus in Langdon. He was an assistant at Basilica of St. James in Jamestown from 1950 to 1953. He also taught high school at St. John’s Academy, where he was the athletic director. From 1953 to 1956, he served at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Fargo, before becoming pastor at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Tolna and Sts. Peter and Paul Church in McHenry. In 1965, he moved to Cooperstown and was the pastor at St. George’s Church and also at St. Lawrence Church in Jessie. From 1972 to 1986, Father Hasey was the pastor at St. Elizabeth’s Catholic Church in Sykeston and at St. Patrick’s Church in Hurdsfield.
Father Hasey came to Oakes in 1986 to assume the pastoral duties of the parishes in Oakes and Verona. He remained in this position until his retirment on July 1, 1998. After his retirement, Father continued to make his home in Oakes and in December of 2007, he became a resident of the Good Samaritan Society. He enjoyed reading, fishing, and golfing.
He is survived by a brother, Roger (Sharon) Hasey, Jamestown, ND; two sisters, Rita Mase, Minneapolis, MN, and Betty (Mike) Jones, Shelbyville, IN; and nieces and nephews. Father Hasey was preceded in death by his parents, an infant brother, Joseph, and a sister, Sr. Mary Jo Hasey.
A prayer service will be held on Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 8:00 p.m. at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, Oakes, ND. Mass of Christian Burial will be Monday at 11:00 a.m. at the church with burial to follow at St. Charles Catholic Cemetery near Oakes.